Toolbar Separator fail

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Toolbar Separator fail

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#1]
I'm having trouble setting up my toolbar correctly.. If I use the toolbar without the separators everything's fine. But as soon as I "InsertGadgetItem" the last button in my toolbar is screwed up.

When I hold my mousepointer over the first HALF of the last button, the tooltip appears, but when I hold it over the other half of the button nothing appears... Same if I click the last button (Find). When I click the first half of the button, the Find dialog appears, but when I click the other half of the button... nothing... :-)

Can I somehow make a toolbar.png and include the separators in the png somehow and make it work? If so.. how?

I would consider this a bug, but I don't know....

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#2]
I figured the InsertGadgetItem should be before SetToolbarTips... But I faced another problem instead

Button "Print", "Select All" and "Delete" won't have any tooltips at all... all the other buttons have tooltip... what am I doing wrong? I don't get it. This code should be solid?

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#3]
If I put SetToolbarTips above all the InsertGadgetItem the toolbar show's up correct (after I delete all the empty arrays) except the last one. The buttons which is supposed to have the tooltip "Find next" get's tooltip "Replace" instead and the "Replace" button won't have any tooltip at all... back on square one...

Here's icons.png:

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#4]
as usual after brainstormning with myself I solve my own problem... I tried to make single pictures of every toolbutton, and made some makeicons code to merge all the images together to one pic and it worked out as expected... :-)

Didn't have a clue every picture had to be exactly centered horizontal and vertical to work properly. Learned something new about toolbars tonight. Nice :)