Shortcut keys won't work when having a TextArea

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Shortcut keys won't work when having a TextArea

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#1]
Before I installed the newest version of MaxGUI shortcut keys worked properly... But now they won't work at all.

Import maxgui.drivers
Strict

Local mainWindow:TGadget = CreateWindow("Window", 0, 0, 800, 600, Null, WINDOW_CENTER | WINDOW_MENU | WINDOW_TITLEBAR)

Local filemenu:TGadget = CreateMenu("&File", 0, WindowMenu(mainWindow))
CreateMenu("&Quit", 101, filemenu, KEY_F4, MODIFIER_COMMAND)

Local textbox:TGadget = CreateTextArea(0, 0, ClientWidth(mainWindow), ClientHeight(mainWindow), mainWindow)

UpdateWindowMenu(mainWindow)
ActivateGadget(textbox)

While WaitEvent()
  Select EventID()
     Case EVENT_MENUACTION
        Select EventData()
           Case 101
             FreeGadget mainWindow
             End
        End Select
  End Select
Wend

This worked before but it won't work now... What may the problem be?

EDIT
I first thought this only occured when having a TextArea, but this problem is still there without a TextArea...

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#2]
Still no one has got an idea why I can't use shortcut keys to acces the menu? :(

explosive(Posted 2010) [#3]
hum. You're right. First of all, I think you have to change "MODIFIER_COMMAND" to "MODIFIER_OPTION". At least under KDE/Linux this means Alt+F4. But nevertheless, it's not working. I replaced "KEY_F4" with "KEY_Q" and everything is fine. You maybe should start a thread in the Bug-forum.

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#4]
The same code worked some days ago, with MODIFIER_COMMAND and the F4 key... and suddenly it stopped working... I'm running my code under Windows.

It's not just F4 that doesn't work... No keys at all work. I really don't think it's a bug since it worked some days ago. I think the problem might have to do with my computer.

But if I figure out what the problem is, I'll post it here in case someone else runs into this problem....