BlitzMax Manual online (for BRL)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax Manual online (for BRL)

degac(Posted 2010) [#1]
Sorry if I post in the wrong forum, but it's an answer I would like to receive a definitive question.

Try to use the BlitzMax manual in the on-line section, searching for Appdir: I got the following error Sorry, no such command exists.

This is not important (in absolute term) and I know there is the IDE integrated help, but why some commands are present and other no?

I think a simple application that retrieve info from the latest BlitzMax source and populate/update the manual database is quite easy to create.

So - at least - we have the same documentation plus user's comments and suggestions available for all the commands.

Regards

N(Posted 2010) [#2]
AppDir isn't a command, it's a global variable. So in this case, uh, it's not that a command is missing, it's that you don't realize this isn't a command, I guess. The omission of a function, on the other hand, may be due to it either not being part of what is typically thought of as the main API or it's an error.

degac(Posted 2010) [#3]
Ok,this is semantic...
The fact I can't have any information about Appdir under the section 'manuals' is a lack, and I think it should be upgraded to manage proper commands AND globals defined in the language - otherwise a manual like this is not very useful...
I just want only to show the situation, and - of course - only my personal opinion.
Cheers

Scaremonger(Posted 2010) [#4]
There are several places where documentation is incomplete.

Try searching for the boolean operators (|, &, ~ etc). They don't exist on the IDE-Help pages either (not that I can find).

GfK(Posted 2010) [#5]
There are several places where documentation is incomplete.

Try searching for the boolean operators (|, &, ~ etc). They don't exist on the IDE-Help pages either (not that I can find).
Language Reference>>Expressions.

Galaxy613(Posted 2010) [#6]
There's a ~? What does that do?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#7]
Bitwise Xor.