Help, Wont compile!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Help, Wont compile!

xcessive(Posted 2009) [#1]
I keep getting this error

im using 1.35 on macosx 10.5.8 and im VERY confused

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
I keep getting this error

- When?

- Any time you're compiling any program, or only certain ones?

- Is this an install of 1.35 from scratch on a machine, or did you already have an older version (e.g. 1.34) working Ok prior to installing 1.35?

- Try rebuilding the modules

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#3]
Something like this can happen in Windows if a new version (1.35) is conflicting with a previous one. That usually means I accidentally installed on top of a previous version, by accepting the installers default location for 1.35 RC1, RC2 etc.

Installing to a new folder avoids all such possible conflicts. I'm not sure how this translates into the Mac world.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
As xlsior mentions, a full Rebuild of the modules is likely to fix it.

matibee(Posted 2009) [#5]
I had this last week with my first Mac experience. Ensure you have XCode installed, either from the Apple site or your discs (I had the discs, which is handy, as there's several versions to choose from on the site).

xcessive(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for the help guys, this happens ALL the time whenever i compile/run anything. I had 1.33 working previously, but i never used it more than once. And im on mac so i did 'install it' you just click and drag the folder and it works. atm im running 1.34 fine since 1.35 didnt work so i dont think its the previous version being used thats the problem. How do i rebuild the modules? (im a complete noob to blitzmax and programming in general).

thanks so much!

EDIT: i have the latest version of xcode installed

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#7]
I don't know what the Mac IDE looks like, but under windows it's like this:

- Open the IDE
- Go to the 'Program' menu, and select 'Rebuild all modules'

xcessive(Posted 2009) [#8]
I did that, still no compile for anything.

I think ill just run blitzmax on my windows partition, despite being a mac fanatic, mac just isnt as good for some things :(