Impulse Tracker support? MaxMOD only MOD and XM

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Impulse Tracker support? MaxMOD only MOD and XM

XxGuardianKnightxX(Posted 2009) [#1]
I know tracker music support in BlitzMax has probably been beaten to death, but lemme ask a tracker question one last time. Being a part-time music composer, I generally work with IT modules (IT being the most advanced "standard" tracker format) as they are my favorite.

So are there any plans to include IT support in future MaxMOD builds, if the project is still alive? God I must be such a n00b if I don't even know if MaxMOD is still being updated or not...please don't hate on me for that >_<

If there is absolutely NO Impulse Tracker support possible (preferably NOT via third-party audio libraries...those are the devil) I guess I'll use my second favorite, XM.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
I thought MaxMOD was a third-party audio library?

XxGuardianKnightxX(Posted 2009) [#3]
I thought MaxMOD was a third-party audio library?

It's a third-party module, at least how I see it...I don't want to use anything like SDL, OpenAL, etc. All my experiences with such libraries have been nothing short of nightmarish >_<

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
Um... Are you sure that you're using the latest version of MaxMod?
MaxMod2 version 1.07, release on October 20th.
http://code.google.com/p/maxmod/downloads/list?q=label:Featured

This was a fairly major rehash, and it's now based on the DUMB framework. DUMB does support .IT, so I'd think that MaxMod does as well now?

XxGuardianKnightxX(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thank you, I downloaded MaxMOD2. Not working so far but I'll keep trying, and post more stuff about it later.