BlitzMax docs compiled from HTML to PDF

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax docs compiled from HTML to PDF

theHand(Posted 2009) [#1]
Here it is (and, might I add, htmldoc is a nice software, but I'd probably go with Qoppa's PDF Studio Professional if I was gonna do commercial stuff that required pdfs):
download easier to read BlitzMax docs
These are just the docs included as part of the distribution/release/whatever, and do not (yet) include comments (from the knowledgeable and/or hardworking software engineers who happen to be a part of the BlitzMax community, like ImaginaryHuman), which I will have to add in later.
Also, this is not fit for sale by itself or with or as part of other products or as a gift to accompany said products because the license htmldoc specifies for the opensource version of htmldoc is one that only allows for personal use.
So, here, use this, from me, another person. :P

P.S.: The MediaFire password is: blitzmaxliveson

jsp(Posted 2009) [#2]
Thanks!
While I like the pdf format i always prefered the .CHM format for the blitzmax docs on windows because its very small and fast. Don't know if that is an option for you as well. There is an older version in the tutorial section.

degac(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks
I was thinkin to make something like this via Bmax+Cairo wrapper, but at this point :D

Also, this is not fit for sale by itself or with or as part of other products or as a gift to accompany said products because the license htmldoc specifies for the opensource version of htmldoc is one that only allows for personal use.

In any case the BlitzMax itself is under Common Creative license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (see this [/Community/posts.php?topic=43299]thread[/a]

markcw(Posted 2009) [#4]
I tried to find a html to pdf converter recently but gave up because I couldn't find anything that supported css properly. Doesn't look like you had much luck there either. Did you use htmldoc in Windows or Linux?

theHand(Posted 2009) [#5]
Linux.
Yeah, it is a pain in the butt. I know how you feel mark. :)
The main thing is the BlitzMax docs were not searchable, and now they are, so it's good enough for me adequate.
If someone [at BRL] has a license for Adobe Acrobat, or some other PDF editing/conversion software, they can take out the headers, substitute that awful font that htmldoc used with something nice, like FreeSans (and at a smaller size), and then it would be nice, and legit for distribution with BlitzMax.
Edit: Looking at it again, I DID use FreeSans (Helvetica for page numbers, and headers, which I thought I got rid of); just set your pdf reader to show one page at a time (vertical, and not horizontal, fit) and most everything is delightful!
Also, don't worry about the weird table of contents , I'll clean that up and update the pdf later (I'm gonna redo all of it in LaTeX or Scribus). I also noticed that many paragraphs are cut off , it's ok, I'll fix it .

theHand(Posted 2009) [#6]
Edit: will do!

markcw(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hi Cory, if you want to get the attention of BRL click on Contact at the top of the forum and fill in the form. They might read your post but then again they might not.