Max3D

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Max3D

Marchesi(Posted 2009) [#1]
About the Max3D development? Can I use Max3D for game creation? There are prevision for future realise? There are not forum topics about Max3D...

Thanks!

GW(Posted 2009) [#2]
Currently max2d has some bad memory leaks. keep that in mind if your using it.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
3D or 2D?

GW(Posted 2009) [#4]
oops, ya Max3d

markcw(Posted 2009) [#5]
Since Max3D is open-source it had it's own non-bb forum set up here. Max3D is still in beta so you can use it but at your own risk.

The original announcement topic on bb.com is here and the follow-up topic is here.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2009) [#6]
that forum offsite is FULL of spam adverts and unusable at the moment.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#7]
But I can Earn Over A 4000 Dollars A Week Without A Website! !!!!!!!!!!!

Zethrax(Posted 2009) [#8]
Mark really dropped the ball on Max3D - which is a pity.

But, there are just too many quality BlitzMax compatible 3D engines around now to get too excited about the fate of Max3D.

It's unlikely that Max3D would bring anything to the party that its existing competitors didn't already do as well, or better. It's too far behind the game at this point.

Probably better for Mark to concentrate on the BlitzMax compiler and modules, and let Max3D rest in peace.

Marchesi(Posted 2009) [#9]
"...Probably better for Mark to concentrate on the BlitzMax compiler and modules, and let Max3D rest in peace."

what is the best engine for uses with Bmax and produces games for windows and Linux?

markcw(Posted 2009) [#10]
There's miniB3D, gman's Irrlicht and Flow3D (Edit: no Linux version yet) everything else is Windows only I think. I've only tried miniB3D so can't say which is the best.

See 3D Engines list.