Where does one get modules these days?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Where does one get modules these days?

Warren(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hey all,

I've been away from BlitzMax for a LONG time and I'm coming back for another go around. It used to be that the IDE had a menu item for grabbing the latest modules and such but I don't see that in there anymore.

What is the current route that someone should use for grabbing modules and updates and things like that?

EDIT: Oh, also, I'm on OSX and while I found the community IDE I was wondering if there was something better? It looks fine, don't get me wrong, but if there's a better alternative I'd like to explore it. Thanks!

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#2]
The old Syncmods system is gone as it was a support nightmare.

BlitzMax gets occasional updates which include the latest modules.
These updates are available from Account...Product Updates just as before.

Warren(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ah OK, thanks!

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
There's also a ton of 3rd party modules available that you can download from various SVN repositories, most noticable Brucey's (search the forum for the address)

You'll need an SVN client and MinGW installed to properly compile them though, but it will give you a LOT of extra functionality.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#5]
Quite a lot of modules are also hosted at GitHub, which gives you the option to download a specific revision of a module. That way you don't need external version control clients, only MinGW to compile.

Warren(Posted 2009) [#6]
How about the Mac IDE question? Is the community IDE the best option going right now?

markcw(Posted 2009) [#7]
I haven't tried it but Nilium uses BlitzMax TextMate Bundle.

Warren(Posted 2009) [#8]
Hey thanks ... grabbed that and plugged it in. Looks cool but I really don't like the terminal window opening over top of the app itself. That's weird. But it's promising anyway...