Just downloaded Blitzmax demo for mac...problems..

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Just downloaded Blitzmax demo for mac...problems..

Stone1269(Posted 2009) [#1]
I just downloaded the demo version of Blitzmax for the Mac. I coped it to my applications folder and it runs fine. When I try to build and run any of the included samples, I get an error message, however. Here is the error message I receive when trying to build and run the 'SimonH-Fireworks' sample:

Building fireworks
Compiling:fireworks.bmx
sh: as: command not found
Build Error: Failed to assemble /Applications/BlitzMaxDemo/samples/simonh/fireworks/.bmx/fireworks.bmx.gui.debug.macos.x86.s
Process complete

The message I receive is essentially the same on all of the samples....

Any idea what I am doing wrong? The only thing I can see is there is no '.BMX' folder in /Applications/BlitzMaxDemo/samples/simonh/fireworks, and MAC OS does not allow folder names beginning with a period....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
You need to install the XCode developer tools.

You'll find them either on your OS X DVD or you can download them from Apple's website.

Interestingly, in a strange case of deja vu I answered the exact same issue in the previous post.

http://developer.apple.com/technology/Xcode.html

ESP(Posted 2009) [#3]
With the mention of Leadwerks for the Mac, I too am trying it out. My users do NOT wish to use a PC!

Robin