Need some help with OSAKit

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Need some help with OSAKit

ubergeek(Posted 2009) [#1]
I tried posting in the OSAKit thread in General Discussion but I haven't gotten any responses, so I'll try here.

I'm having a small problem with OSAKit:
I've followed all of the tutorials I could find on this, and have packaged my game and html pages exactly as they say. It runs perfectly in a web browser on my computer, but when I upload everything to my website it does not work. When I go to the web page, a pop up message asks "Powered by the freeware version of OSAKit, continue?!", and when I click yes it brings me to the OSAKit loading bar, but it never does anything after that. I have all of my files set to relative directories (I can confirm this on my local machine by dragging the folder with all of the OSAKit files and pages around to anywhere on my hard drive and it still works). It works when the files are on the hard drive; by double clicking on the .html file generated by the web page maker, it launches IE, loads the game and runs fine.

I'm wondering if this is because of the version of OSAKit I have? I downloaded the free version from the OSAKit site, but it says "pro" version and only gives me the "pro" .CAB and viewer .exe files, when according to the help file I should be using the "std" .CAB and viewer files. Is it not running on my website because I have not yet purchased a license, or maybe because I somehow got the wrong version of the files?

Also, I thought it might be because my host uses Windows servers and does not support php scripts. Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

MGE(Posted 2009) [#2]
Everytime I thought this product was finally stable, something wierd pops up. My conclusion is, it's going to work on some machines and it's not going to work on alot of machines. So therefore I had to give up using this product. I was considering a large scale online project and the product just doesn't seem stable enough for that.

ubergeek(Posted 2009) [#3]
I got it working now! As the developer had suspected, it was a MIME type that needed to be added to my ISP's server. Everything works okay now!