Making an installer for a .bmx file

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Making an installer for a .bmx file

Zacho(Posted 2009) [#1]
Could I use the following steps to create an installer for a .bmx file that was created into an .exe? [Btw: if you know how to create a .exe file from a .bmx file could you tell me how? Thanks]

Making an Installer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the computer's full built in technology is once again hidden! Okay lets begin!
1)First search/run for a program called iexpress
2)Open
3)Select Create New Self Extraction Directive File
4)Now you have the options of using the following items
4(a)Extract Files and run an installation command, this gives you the choice of putting where the files are extracted to.
4(b)Extract Files only, let the other user choose installation directory
4(c)Create Compressed Files(ActiveX only) Sorry, but im not going to much into this
5)Create a Title
6)Prompt, ask if the user wants to download
7)Liscense, to make a liscense create a new text document using notepad and insert it.
8)Now, locate and insert the files the installer is going to use
9)Skipped
10)Now add the message at the end
11)Now enter name of installer again, and where it's going to get installed
12)Now Finish!

Dreamora(Posted 2009) [#2]
Once you own Blitzmax, you can compile your BlitzMax file (bmx). This will create the exe.

Zacho(Posted 2009) [#3]
I know that a bmx file will compile into a exe but I am wondering if I can use the steps above to load an installer when (if I put the exe file on a cd to distribute) a cd is put into a computer to install the game onto a specific drive.

nrasool(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hey Zacho, then what you need is an installer program like innosetup (http://www.innosetup.com/isinfo.php )

This will create you an installer so you can install the .exe file onto a PC

Zacho(Posted 2009) [#5]
Ok, I will check it out, thanks! :)