does anyone need a GUI system?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/does anyone need a GUI system?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2436

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#2]
No, but if you have a Transformer... You know... A robot in disguise, I'll have that! :D

Seriously though, I may need some GUI, so I'll bookmark it... Thanks for the share! ;)

Dabz

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#3]
Its more than meets the eye though

plash(Posted 2009) [#4]
What meets my eye is a very unusable, un-indented, block of code.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#5]
youu son of a....

the download at the top of the page provides images and a demo

plash(Posted 2009) [#6]
youu son of a....
Hmm?

the download at the top of the page provides images and a demo
That solves the very non-adaptable code issue?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#7]
why is it non-adaptable?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
I believe Plash's issues is with the lack of indentation, where "programmers indent to better convey the structure of their program to human readers. In particular, indentation is used to show the relationship between control flow constructs such as conditions or loops and code contained within and outside them." (wikipedia)

Ignoring for now Noel's formatted version (quiet at the back, Noel!), it does make it reasonably difficult to understand the code without actually spending a lot of time studying it. It appears Plash is one of those "human readers" as described above ;-)

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#9]
I didnt realise it was that important for code to be indented,

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#10]
its prefered
if someone other than the coder has to use it and needs to bug hunt through theirs and your code then every little helps
and as with commenting code its also a boon to the original coder some time down the line, to be able to understand something they may have forgotten they even wrote and say
"ahh this is the subroutine/function/whatever i want to tweak"

plash(Posted 2009) [#11]
@Ginger Tea: Precisely. Also, without comments and a good naming convention, it can be quite hard to poke around.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#12]
a guy i knew oop norf used to just add random names to his c code when at college
his nick name was sooty so sweep and sue also found themselves in functions, until he had to go back to his code after the winter break

what arguments sooty was passing to sue always made sweep squeak
that analogy would work better if i knew what i was on about ;)