Icons. this used to be easy?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Icons. this used to be easy?

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi i used to use microangelo to design and change my exe icons and it worked really well but it will not work on exe's that are made with blitzmax? is there a program to do this, ive read the post in the tutorials forum about changing the icon at the top of the window which i want to do aswell but is there a easyer way i dont mind buying a program for the job.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
You can either use the free ResHacker (or similar) program to extract / replace icons in an executable, or alternatively mess around with the object files on the blitzmax source side of things to include your custom icons. (a bit messy)

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks ResHacker works great, if i add a smaller icon to the exe aswell how would i get it to display at the top left of my games window?

is it step five of this post?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72899

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#4]
ok after some testing it seams to work but i think its using the bigger icon and just scaling it down?

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#5]
If you use MaxGUI and Reshacker then I think that the window icon will be added as well automatically.

You can also buy BLIde which has the ability to add an icon without any fiddling about. Again, if you use MaxGUI windows it will add the icon to them as well as the .exe.

Hope this helps,

Jason.

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#6]
oh yes it does, thanks