createworld() not working under leadwerks

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/createworld() not working under leadwerks

DeltaCommando5(Posted 2009) [#1]
When trying to setup a basic world using the leadwerks2.0 engine, Bmx isn't recognizing CreateWorld() or Updateworld and even RenderWorld. They're left white. I just purchased both programs. Is it because I need to unlock Bmx or something? According to the leadwerks tut everything should be fine.

Heres the tut code if u need it:

Framework leadwerks.engine

Graphics 800,600

RegisterAbstractPath AppDir

If Not CreateWorld() RuntimeError "Failed to create world."

cam:TCamera=CreateCamera90
MoveEntity cam,Vec3(0,0,-5)

CreateCube()

While Not KeyHit(Key_Escape)
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Wend

DeltaCommando5(Posted 2009) [#2]
Okay, I noticed my mistake on the camera, but when I go to build it says this:

Building untitled1
Compiling:untitled1.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
3 passes, 2353 bytes.
Linking:untitled1.debug.exe
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/tmp/untitled1.debug.exe: Permission denied
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/tmp/untitled1.debug.exe
Process complete

Why is it permission denied?

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#3]
Why is it permission denied?
You are using Vista. You do not have the right to write to that directory do you?

DeltaCommando5(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'm guessing I should. I just purchased and installed blitzmax but everytime I try to make something, even the "Hello World", it comes up saying this.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#5]
Try saving the "untitled1.bmx" file as something else in Documents, or manually change the permissions of the "Program Files/BlitzMax/" folder.

Dabz

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#6]
If UAC (user access control) is enabled, then Vista won't allow a program to write .exe's into the 'Program Files' folders after the initial installation has completed.

You can either:
1) Install blitzmax in a folder other than somewhere under your program files tree
or
2) Store your source files somewhere different (Which will still break the included helpfiles in the Blitzmax documentation, you can't compile & run those from within the IDE either)
or
3) Disable UAC

plash(Posted 2009) [#7]
4) Post your Leadwerks related questions on the Leadwerks forums.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#8]
5) Or change permissions for the BlitzMax root folder, which means you can keep UAC on!

It literally takes 15 seconds.

Dabz

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#9]
If a DLL or shader is missing, the application log should say something about it. Try the "Create New Project" option in the SDK browser, and choose a new BlitzMax project. If that doesn't compile, you know you have something wrong.