Error message after installing Dreamotion3D mod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Error message after installing Dreamotion3D mod

byo(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, guys.

I'm having a problem here. It seems that after I installed the dreamotion3d mod to the right folder (even ran the examples fine) I cannot build any applications without the files Dreamotion3D.dll and D3DX9_37.dll even if they use the standard GLGraphicsMax2D driver and have no commands from DM3D.

"This application could not be started because Dreamotion3D.dll was not found."

Do you know what's going on? It's frustrating. :/

Thank you.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
If the module is in Pub or BRL, and you don't use Framework, it will be included in your application.

Of course, it shouldn't be in Pub or BRL.... so...

byo(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hi, Brucey.

Thanks for the help.
The official Blitzmax module is made inside pub.mod.
Maybe I should warn the developers about it.

If I put the dreamotion3D.mod in the main MOD folder
do you think it's gonna work? I'm not at home to try this. :)

From the examples I tested, DM3D is looking really great.
Thanks again for the fast reply.

Regards,

Andre

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#4]
You can't put it in the BlitzMax/Mod folder itself, you'll need to make another folder within Mod. For example, BlitzMax/Mod/DM3D would be fine. Note that you will need to make a small change to the module to make it work, so I hope it comes with source. Assuming it does, open the main file ( which will be called *.bmx where * is the exact name of the module ( dreamotion3d? ) and look for the statement near the top which says something like

Module pub.dreamotion3d

Change that to wherever you moved it to. EG:

Module DM3D.dreamotion3d

and recompile it.

Also it's probably worth mentioning that module names and folders are best done without spaces and all in lower case. I recall problems cropping up when you use upper case letters or spaces in the name/folder. Numbers are ok though.

byo(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hi, Gabriel.

That's really good advice. I'll try that.
BTW, your TV3D module works great. Any more examples to download?

Thanks.

Regards,

Andre