[Help] Create .exe

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/[Help] Create .exe

Big Tree Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello everybody, I programmed a little game of asteroids in BlitzMax and I'm done with it so I would like to compile it as a .exe, but I only know how to build and run it in blitzmax. Some help on how to do this would be really appreciated because I searched a little on the forums and I looked in Wave's begginer tutorial, but I don't see anything that might help me. Thanks a lot!

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
Each time you build and run something from within blitzmax, it creates a .exe out of it and runs it for you.
The .exe file will be located in the same folder where you saved your .bmx source code file.

Big Tree Studios(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ok thanks!

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
Oh, one more thing: If you're finished with the game, check these settings:

In the IDE, under Program -> Build Options:

1) Uncheck 'Debug Build' (this will speed up the program itself, with debug enabled it will return additional information when there is an error, but that's mainly for use while you're still writing the program)

2) Check 'Build GUI app', otherwise it may flash a black command prompt window when launching your program. (Unless you wrote a text-mode command line application, in that case you want the GUI app option unchecked)

Big Tree Studios(Posted 2009) [#5]
Ok thanks for the help. I'm not totally done with the game it's just because I want to send it to my friends so they can play it.