Sound delay

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Sound delay

767pilot(Posted 2008) [#1]
I am running BMax 1.30 on Vista 32 laptop. I have approx 1 second delay when playing a sound. Any idea why this is please?

I use

Global SPlayerFire:TSound = LoadSound("sounds\Fire.wav")

then call by

PlaySound(SPlayerFire)

thanks

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#2]
Um... Look 10 posts down in the same forum:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=81279

767pilot(Posted 2008) [#3]
thanks, I didnt notice that though I did a search for 'sound delay vista' expecting some results and didnt get any!

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
thanks, I didnt notice that though I did a search for 'sound delay vista' expecting some results and didnt get any!
Not entirely sure how the forum search works, but, for example, searching for "sound delay vista" would return results that "delay vista sound" would not.

If you search for something and get no results, change it from 'simple' to 'advanced' search on the Search page. Takes a bit longer but you get more results.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#5]
Another way to search the forums is to go to google.com, and search for sound delay vista site:blitzbasic.com there -- it's a lot easier & faster than using the forum's built-in search.

dmaz(Posted 2008) [#6]
"sound delay vista" under the default search will search for that phrase only. that is the "simple-fast" search method. choosing "advanced-slow" will get you the results you're looking for.

also you can limit your search to one forum or a group of forums or the whole set forums be clicking the appropriate search link.