BlitzMax keeps crashing when I get error boxes

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax keeps crashing when I get error boxes

Rico(Posted 2008) [#1]
For some reason this last few months whenever my program produces an error when it is running - e.g. when the Error box normally comes up - my whole system freezes. The screen display freezes - but stuff is still going on underneath - its just that I can't see it. About 60% of the time I will be able to bring up the Ctrl_Alt_del process manager and shut my program down manually. Howver the rest of the time, I have to shut my laptop. When I open it - the display will not be frozen, and I can then shut the process down manually - although after this the system will then automatically shutdown (because I shut the lid previously and it triggers this).

This is really annoying - does anyone know why this is. Should I reinstall Blitz?

iprice(Posted 2008) [#2]
I've had similar problems. Only in Debug mode though, when running full screen. I've had to pull the plug from my pc as I've not been able to exit at times.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
I've never even seen an error box pop up ever, the past year playing around with Bmax. I had no idea there even was an error box?!?! The only time I know an error occurs is via the console. wow...

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#4]
That happens when running a max application in debug mode using full screen. If you're using BLIde, BLIde will auto-recover after 30 seconds if the system gets irresponsive on a debug error when using full screen. On other IDEs (as far as I know) you have to brute-force restart your computer.

iprice(Posted 2008) [#5]
I've had a look at BLide, but had a few problems with it (such as not exiting from the IDE). I'll have another look.

dmaz(Posted 2008) [#6]
don't test in full screen unless you're just testing full screen.

Rico(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yes its in debug mode running full screen. What's strange is that it never used to crash - except very occassionly. I used to get the error box and then I would click ok and it would return me to to the program, with the faulty line highlighted.

Now - it never returns me to the program it just freezes. Its hard to know what the error is sometimes as well. I could run in windowed mode - but I can't see the whole screen area, although its better than nothing.