Something like Sprite Candy?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Something like Sprite Candy?

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, Is there a lib out there that is like sprite candy? As in a control and effects lib for 2d or sprite graphics?

Thanks

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#2]
How about SSwift's BlitzMax Sprite System?

For the sake of completeness I should also add the rest of the info from HERE, HERE and HERE, which are all in sswift's signature if you trip over it at some stage.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
GA's Framework has a robust sprite interface.
SSwift's system is very powerful from what I've read.

If you spend a few days learning Blitzmax's very easy to use DrawImage, SetScale, SetAlpha, SetBlend, etc, you can actually write your own specific sprite engine for your game which would perform better than something more generic. Sprite Candy does something better than B3D does out of the box. Blitzmax already has a fairly fast 2D pipeline, so the need for something like Sprite Candy isn't as great.

With that said, I have my own sprite engine coded with Blitzmax. Once my game is done in a few weeks, I plan on re-writing sections of the engine and then finally making it available. It's a different mind set, very high level, very noob ready, etc. ;)

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#4]
If you need any beta testers for the Sprite Candy like engine MGE please feel free to contact me :)

Jason.