Errors with building modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Errors with building modules

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#1]
When I try to build or rebuild modules, I get an error:
Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

When I attempt to Synchronize modules, I get this error, even though I gave it my correct Blitz forum username and password.
Synchronize Modules
Synchronizing: brl
Error connecting to server:  Unrecognized username or password
Synchronizing: pub
Synchronizing: axe

Process complete

This has become extremely irritating and I would like to know how to fix this.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#2]
Wasn't SyncMods retired?

H&K(Posted 2008) [#3]
I think it was yes

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#4]
What exactly is that supposed to mean

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#5]
If I'm right, it means you don't update your modules with Syncmods. You either make do with the main releases ( 1.28, 1.30 ) or you use subversion to get the latest source. ( Advanced users only, I believe.)

It's explained here :

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=74439

The reason you can't compile has nothing to do with modules which aren't up to date. You need MinGW installed and set up correctly in order to recompile all modules, because some of them use C code, and you appear not to have that setup and/or installed. Again, full instructions for all this are stickied :

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72892

GfK(Posted 2008) [#6]
If I'm right, it means you don't update your modules with Syncmods. You either make do with the main releases ( 1.28, 1.30 ) or you use subversion to get the latest source.
Yep, as of 1.30, Syncmods is no longer used. It still existed in 1.28 but I don't think many updates ever arrived through it beyond the first few days following release of 1.28.

You need MinGW installed to rebuild modules. 'How To' Guide (written for Blitzmax 1.26 but still applies).

You can get updates now via Subversion. However, anything you pull off there is to be classified as 'beta'. If you want to be sure of a stable version, stick with 1.30 until the next 'major' stable update is announced.