Change opening position of application window

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Change opening position of application window

mikkyx(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi all,
I'm one of those weird Windows users who has his taskbar on the left hand side of the screen. When I'm coding in Max, the application window opens underneath my taskbar (co-ords 0,0 on the desktop, I guess) and can't be moved. Is there any way to tell BMX to open it at a different position?

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#2]
This should help.

pmc(Posted 2008) [#3]
Do you need MaxGUI to do this? I don't have that, but I have the same problem as mikkyx because my taskbar is at the top of the screen. I can grab enough of the window title bar to move it, but it'd be nice to just force it open properly in the first place.

On a simiar note, how do I activate the "x" button so that I can close the application without hitting ESCAPE. That question has been bouncing around in my head for a few months now...

These are not big issues for me since I usually go full-screen anyway. But for development I'm generally in a window.

-pmc

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#4]
Do you need MaxGUI to do this?

No as per the website
With the DesktopExtension Modul you can query information of the desktop without using MaxGUI functions.

how do I activate the "x" button

Appterminate()

mikkyx(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'll give these a shot - thanks!