Libxml compiling, again and again...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Libxml compiling, again and again...

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#1]
So, I finally installed MinGW and compiled Brucey's libxml (yay!) but now whenever I try and run one of the examples Project Studio compiles it again. And, it keeps on doing it every time I try and run one of the examples.

Is this normal, or have I missed something? I'm guessing I've missed something...

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#2]
is quick build enabled?

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#3]
Good question. Is that Release or Debug, or another option?

EDIT: Ah, okay I see. I can't find the option under Project Studio though... it only seems to exist for Maxide...

2nd EDIT: I just tried Blide. I seem to have an xml error, but not the compiling issue...

Otus(Posted 2008) [#4]
Since libxml is a module it shouldn't be recompiled even without quick build, should it?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
@Otus, I think he means the examples are being re-compiled each time, which indeed makes it appear that Quick Build is not enabled.

Otus(Posted 2008) [#6]
Oh, if that's the case it indeed seems like a quick build issue.

Off the topic, I think there should be an auto-quick mode, where quick build is tried first and if it fails, everything is recompiled. That would sort so many issues.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#7]
That's correct, Brucey.

Right now under Project Studio Ide I have the re-compiling issue, and under Blide I have the error, (both with and without Quick Build) "Unhandled Exception:Attempt to access field or method of Null object"

That's for 'example1'. The console says...

Building executable...
Debugger started.
aaa.xml:3: parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
<?xml version="1.0"?>
^
closing debug...
Debugger ended.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
I think I should probably throw that particular example away. It's not very good - especially after the first time you've run it.

There are lots of examples included with the docs though. Build the documentation and have a look at BaH.libxml in the 3rd Party Modules section.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#9]
I can do that, sure... but is the example (as bad as you mention it is) supposed to cause those issues?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
It's actually reporting the correct error. The xml it is parsing is incorrect.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#11]
Ah, okay... thanks Brucey :) I'm a complete beginner, so I have a steep climb ahead of me to understand everything.

Anyhow, thanks for your work on all of the modules.