Drawng to an image

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Drawng to an image

Rico(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello - I need some help to do this. I want to draw other images and portions of images to an image, without using using GrabImage - is this possible? If not is there a module available that has commands to do this?

Thanks - Rico

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
You need to use Pixmaps for this.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Isn't that what Render To Texture allows you to do?

GW(Posted 2008) [#4]
since when did Render To Texture exist? Unless your talking about indipaths code which is spotty at best.

Rico(Posted 2008) [#5]
Often in games I need to draw images to the background screen, and then to keep these changes. For example drawing shapes to the pit in Tetris or destroying the background in a platform game. Gfk - you are right I have been using Pixmaps - First I draw the background image (which is in Pixmap form) to the screen, then I draw the image on this - and then I use GrabPixmap to save the changes to the background screen.
What I was thinking though was that it would be more efficient (faster) to draw directly to an image or pixmap without having to use GrabPixmap (which must slow things down a bit?). Some kind of library/module would be good where you have lots of functions to draw images and shapes(rectangles/circles etc) to Pixmaps/images.

Brucey - What's RenderToTexture - is it in one of your modules?

Thanks - Rico