Debugger Bug?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Debugger Bug?

Rico(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. I am using arrays within types. However when I use DebugStop() to debug my program and try to look at the value of these items in the arrays - I have problems.
Sometimes a '+' icon appears next to the element - meaning I can open it up and view the contents - but other times no '+' icon appears - when I am sure there is something in this item (it is not null). This seems to be totally random.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way round it?

Rico

jsp(Posted 2008) [#2]
If you don't use the SVN version of BlitzMax, which was recently updated, check out this:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=78266

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yep, latest version of MaxIDE should fix this problem. You can download MaxIDE that I've compiled with the latest source code *here*. Just copy it into your BlitzMax root directory.

Rico(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ok - Thank you very much. That works great! (no problems so far) - looks a bit different too.
Debugging should now be much easier. By the way is there anyway to look at the values in a list using the debugger?. You can step inside the list - but I can't work out how to see whats actually in the list - The actual values themselves. I just get memory locations.

Rico

Blueapples(Posted 2008) [#5]
This bug is so bad it's making me consider switching away form BlitzMax... good to see it's been fixed. Has anyone built this for Intel Mac yet? If not I'll go ahead and put up a build for others to use.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#6]
CE edition also has this fix - links below. Still no build on macos or linux yet tho, sorry.