ProPixel

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/ProPixel

Rico(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, I'm having serious trouble trying to download the latest demo version of ProPixel. Everywhere I go seems to lead to a dead end, I get to a download page and then nothing happens.
I've tried searching on this forum and following the links but they no longer lead to ProPixel.
Does anyone know where I need to go?

Thanks - Rico

Bremer(Posted 2008) [#2]
Not sure if he is still around, but look up the user Snarty since he was the guy who made it. I think his website is gone, and its been a year or more since he posted her last, but he might just still answer emails on the address listed on his account info.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
Why ProPixel? Its probably seven or eight years old.

I think Idigicon were going to publish it at one point but I can't remember if it happened or not. As I said, it was ages ago.

Anyway, first result on google: http://www.brothersoft.com/propixel-2d-download-22034.html

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#4]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Idigicon-Pro-Pixel/dp/B0002M50RO

Looks like they did Gfk mate and at £8 Rico... just get it from here!

EDIT: Bit naughty how the publishers reviewed their own product! :P

GfK(Posted 2008) [#5]
Heh, one review, 5/5, Idigicon wrote it!

Subtle as a brick. :D

[edit] Stop editing your post, damn you! :p

[edit again] Aw crap now you've got me doing it!

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#6]

Subtle as a brick. :D

lol, through a window! ;)

EDIT: Sowwy for the edit... I'm an editor now.. Yay! \o/

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hang on. Why's this in the Blitzmax section? o.O

Does anyone know where I need to go?
Content Creation Tools!

But as you've got an answer, not much point now. :)

Nightsight(Posted 2008) [#8]
You might try Promotion instead. It's a Deluxe Paint clone, also for pixel graphics. I'm not sure if the version on their site works in Vista (I had problems with png files).

I'm currently testing a beta version of the next version (which works in vista). The new version also include a mapeditor. Look at cosmigo.com and go from there. I don't know then the final version will be released.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#9]
Promotion is great, but I actually enjoyed using Graphics Gale more.

Plus it's free, unless you want it for icon editing.

Rico(Posted 2008) [#10]
Oh yeah sorry wrong section - I just linked creating gfx with Blitzmax in mind with graphics

Gfk - I tried that link but when you click on download - nothing happens. (unless I'm doing something stupid). I want to try the demo before I buy it. I found an old post from snarty saying there was a demo of V1.67 available but the link doesen't work.

I thought I would try Propixel because I heard it was like Dpaint.- which I really like.

Thanks Everyone - i will look at Promotion and Graphics gale too.

Rico