Stand-alone app problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Stand-alone app problem

William Drescher(Posted 2008) [#1]
When I make an application, the source runs correct in BMax, but the standalone app doesn't work the way it should (stuff like not writing on the screen, or sometimes not even opening). Could someone tell me how to make the application run on it's own please?

MGE(Posted 2008) [#2]
Should be the same, can you write a small hello world test app, compile it, and verify it's working?

William Drescher(Posted 2008) [#3]

AppTitle$ = "Hello World"

Graphics 800,600

While Not KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)
	Cls
	DrawText("Hello World",5,5)
	Flip
Wend
EndGraphics
End

I've ran this in BMax and it opens and works, but the program on it's own doesn't even open the window.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
XP/Vista?

Jesse(Posted 2008) [#5]
are you using graphic files? If so, you need to include them.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
are you using graphic files? If so, you need to include them.
He said:
I've ran this in BMax and it opens and works, but the program on it's own doesn't even open the window.

The example he posted does not use images, nor any type of media.

What version of mingw do you have?

William Drescher(Posted 2008) [#7]
I have Windows Vista Home Premium
Using the latest version of MinGW (can't remember what version that was, i downloaded it about a week ago)

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#8]
Is debug mode on or off?
Do you have any 3rd party modules installed?

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#9]
Where are you compiling the program? I have found that I need to save and compile files in the user directory. So you would put it in
C:\Users\Wilkua\Projects\MyProgram.bmx
Or whatever your user name is on your computer.
You can get around that by right clicking the MaxIDE icon and choosing "Run as administrator" or turning off UAC.

Not completely sure if that's your problem, usually the file won't even compile, but just something to check.

William Drescher(Posted 2008) [#10]
I have noticed the admin problems before when it said that linking the exe to BMax failed so I always run the program with admin permission.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#11]
Did you try disabling UAC?