Using Playstation DualShock pads in Blitz?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Using Playstation DualShock pads in Blitz?

Rico(Posted 2008) [#1]
Are Playstation joypads ok to use in Blitz? I've got loads of joypads (orginal DualShock 1 pads), I want to use (eventually) for a multiplayer game. I've got adapters to plug them into the PC, though the driver software may be a a bit out of date now. Someone helped me get them working in the very early PC version of Blitz, but that was quite a while ago, and I no longer have that computer (or my old programs!), and I can't remember what I did. I basically want access to all functions (though I'm not that bothered about the vibration function), especially both analogue sticks , and all other buttons including L3 and R3 (when you push the sticks in). Thank you very much for any help.

Rico

Shagwana(Posted 2008) [#2]
The PlayStation adapter I have here on this computer is usable, it goes through the standard direct play interface and works like a charm. All is accessible, even the two analog sticks.

Not sure if the vibrate function is tho, never really tried.

Rico(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks Shagwna. Actually the vibration is really good in the Dualshock 1, I have Dualshock 2 with the PS2 and the vibration seems weaker.