framework and adding only specific modules to an a

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/framework and adding only specific modules to an a

DREAM(Posted 2008) [#1]
I know i can do say
Framework Bril.basid just to add in the basic module, now if i want to add in the max2d module, string module and math mod only how is that achieved

iiclude doesnt work has it got something to do with modscope or is that only for when making ones own modules...?

Ian

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Try

Import BRL.Max2D

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#3]
You might want to take the easy approach : FrameWork Assistant

DREAM(Posted 2008) [#4]
that framework assistant is very good....awesome dropped a simple file from 1.05m down to 406k, only thing to be aware of is things that have the same commands eg Brl.random and BaH,random have a rnd function so it picked up both but other than that....fantastic.....highly recommen it saves all the thinkiong......Thanks

EOF(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks DREAM !!

DREAM(Posted 2008) [#6]
No worries......that UPX exe packer skims even more off too thats on the same site as the framework Assistant.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/config/fa/index.htm

the upx packer took it from 406k to 296k.....115k of that was png include files.....

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#7]
another tip: when using UPX, try the --ultra-brute parameter. Takes a little longer, but can make your .exe's even smaller.

EOF(Posted 2008) [#8]
Also, what I find really handy, is to create 2 shortcuts in my Send To folder so that I can right-click on any *.exe and pack/unpack the file as required

How to
=========
Copy the main UPX.exe to C:\

Go into C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\SendTo
This folder is usually hidden

Create a new shortcut
In the text field enter C:\upx.exe -9 -q --no-progress %s
Save the shortcut as UPX - Compress

Create another new shortcut
In the text field enter C:\upx.exe -d -no-progress %s
Save the shortcut as UPX - De-Compress

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#9]
Does this remove anything pre or post upx?
http://www.jrsoftware.org/striprlc.php

EOF(Posted 2008) [#10]
Tested StripReloc. On BlitxMax-created files I get:

Relocations already stripped from file

That's straight after compiling the exe and without UPXing the file

Mmm, tested with a few random non-Blitz executables too and I get the same message time and again