BMAX does not compile on Intel Mac Leopard OSX!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BMAX does not compile on Intel Mac Leopard OSX!

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#1]
Please help me!

I read this http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41264 and almost everything regarding BMax and Mac but I still get 'Invalid pixel format' when compiling!!!

The 'Spining Text' demo worked so I guess it is something to do with grfx lib/mod!!

I installed XCode 3.0, installed BMax and update to the latest version 1.28, rebuild all modules and synchronized bmax but no success!

I do appreciate if anyone help!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Can you paste the output of the console here please?

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#3]
When compiling BreakOut I got :
Building breakout
Compiling:breakout.bmx
Linking:breakout
Executing:breakout
2008-03-07 02:03:36.693 breakout[2912:717] invalid pixel format
2008-03-07 02:03:36.694 breakout[2912:717] invalid context
Unable to create GL Context
Process complete

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#4]
You might get such an error regarding pixel formats etc if you are trying to open a screen resolution/hz rate/#colors which your graphics hardware does not support. Try changing to settings you know will work for your hardware e.g. 640x480 32-bit color 60hz ?

H&K(Posted 2008) [#5]
BMAX does not compile
This is probaly going to sound patronising, but it isnt ment to.

The BMax programs ARE compiling, were the example you have posted is failing is that they are not EXECUTING correctly. In general this is normaly becasue at some point you are asking someother layer to do something (in a quite leagal code manner), and that layer is returting a fail.

You have a demo taht works, and the returned error is quite clear in that you are getting some form of screen allocation error. SO Look at were the screen is created in teh demo that works, then look at the screen creation in the demo that doesnt work, and try to change that one till it more closely matches the working one.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
What system are you running?

As H&K alludes, the error appears to indicate that the screen-mode the demo is trying to acquire is not valid for your screen.

You might try looking for the line like "Graphics 800, 600, 32" and have it say "Graphics 800, 600, 0", which will attempt to open the graphics context in a window rather than fullscreen.

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#7]
H&K : you are right I is not exactly 'BMax not compiling'... my bad!

I will be back home soon and try changing the screen resolution and see.

Thanks all and i will keep you informed.