Protect the game resources

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Protect the game resources

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, anybody can tell me how can i pack my game resources on a file in a way in wich it could be opened only by my game?

Thank you!

Amon(Posted 2007) [#2]
Use incbin.

put this after strict or superstrict ifd you use them.
incbin "myimage.png"

Then when loading an image do the following.
global myimage:timage = loadimage("incbin::myimage.png")

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#3]
Mmmm, thank you for the answer but i have a lot of resource files and i preffer to keep them out the exe file

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
Molebox

otherwise there is no way unless you implement it yourself (using pub.zlib + a self written AES stream

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#5]
This any help?
http://home.arcor.de/al90/eng/rechts.htm#cruncher

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#6]
I dont want to pack the files with the executable, i want to packing in different files!

Can i use the zlib mod for that? can i make pw protected zip files?

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hi perturbatio thanks for the link, seems that the bbcruncher is a nice pack system but it doesnt have any kind of password so anyone who use it will be able to break the protection isnt it? -_-

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes, however you do get the source, so with a little knuckle grease and patience, you could implement say the blowfish algorithm from the code archives and use that in it.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#9]
Hi, anybody can tell me how can i pack my game resources on a file in a way in wich it could be opened only by my game?
You can't.

Can i use the zlib mod for that? can i make pw protected zip files?
No, because zlib and zip files are two distinctly different things. Besides which it is a trivial task to break a password protected zip file.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#10]
Thats exactly why I said zlib or zip for the "virtual VFS" and an AES stream to protect it securely.

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#11]
I dont want to pack the files with the executable, i want to packing in different files!

Molebox again then.

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#12]
The license cost is too much for me :/

RiK(Posted 2007) [#13]
Encrypt them yourself (just XOR all the data with something) and then hand-roll a modified version of the file loaders in your code?

xMicky(Posted 2007) [#14]
What about this:
Store media encrypted ?

Josepho(Posted 2007) [#15]
Rik, well i was seaching for an easier solution

Thank you Xmicky that link seems very interesting!

I was thinking on giving a try to the kelpto pack system too