The old "synchronize modules problem"

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/The old "synchronize modules problem"

JAG(Posted 2007) [#1]
i bought blitz max today and also the bmax gui. but if i try to syncronize modules i get the errors:

Synchronize Modules
Synchronizing: brl
Error connecting to server: Unknown error
Synchronizing: pub
Synchronizing: axe

Process complete

Using: Mac iBookG4, Mac OSX 10.4.11, 1.33G PPC G4, 512M RAM

I updated to version 1.24, V1.26 doesn't open.
I have registered my products with the proper BUID's.
I am using the correct user name and password.
I searched the forums, and have found several reports of this problem, but no solution.

MAC Firewall is on. This is probably the problem, but I don't know how to allow blitz synchronize modules access to the computer to do the update. What port is it trying to use?

Could someone give me another way to download the necessary files, if I can't get synchronize modules to work?

Thanks for any help.

Also:
If I try to connect directly to:http://www.blitzbasic.com/modserver124
I get:
Not Found

The requested URL /modserver124 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.blitzbasic.com Port 80

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#2]
It connects to port 80 (http) to download the mods.

Normally when you view at the syncmods URL in a webbrowser you should see some info. Since you see a 404 error now, it looks like they didn't put the 1.24 syncmods back online after the server move a few days ago.

Unfortunately the 1.26 PowerPC download is currently broken, so at the moment your only options are:

1) Contact BRL and ask them for the 1.26 download
2) Contact BRL and ask them to fix the 1.24 syncmods page
3) Wait for 1.28 to be released (any day now, although it's delayed from its initial annoucement)

JAG(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for the help Marc.
I have plenty of other things I can start exploring until 1.28 comes out and if I get impatient I will try one of the other options.

John