is there something like entitycolor?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/is there something like entitycolor?

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#1]
is there something like entitycolor for sprites in Max? I'd like to be able to tint my sprites.

TomToad(Posted 2007) [#2]
Use SetColor r,g,b before you draw the sprite. Remember to do a SetColor 255,255,255 when you want to stop tinting.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#3]
DrawColor or SetColor. Can't remember which.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
Although BM documentations aren't that great, this kind of stuff is clearly described in the Max2D section.
Reading it would definitely not hurt you Craig ;-)

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yeah right. That's where I started. The docs tell you what the command is, but does tell you how to use it. That's REAL clear.

Yan(Posted 2007) [#6]
Function SetColor( red,green,blue )

Description Set current color

Information The SetColor command affects the color of Plot, DrawRect, DrawLine, DrawText, DrawImage and DrawPoly.

The red, green and blue parameters should be in the range of 0 to 255.
Seems pretty clear to me.

Have you got a problem with your documentation generation?

It's happened before. People have been bitching about the docs and it turns out that they'd only had the function definitions generated.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#7]
... a few more examples in the doc might be helpful. However, you can refer to this

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#8]
Function SetColor( red,green,blue )

Description Set current color

Information The SetColor command affects the color of Plot, DrawRect, DrawLine, DrawText, DrawImage and DrawPoly.

The red, green and blue parameters should be in the range of 0 to 255.

Take yourself out of a person that already knows the language and this information is near useless. It doesn't tell me where I can use the command in my code(in context). I've figured it out now, but without examples you have to know how to code in BMax before this kind of doc system is actually useful.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#9]
... a few more examples in the doc might be helpful. However, you can refer to this

If you're looking for a solution then take this chap's advice as he really is talking sense.

Yan(Posted 2007) [#10]
Take yourself out of a person that already knows the language and this information is near useless.
I wasn't born knowing how to use BMax (;o)) and I've always found the docs to be 'adequate'. It is, however, hard to be objective (excuse the pun) about this kinda stuff as it's difficult to remember how much information came from the forum and the (now deceased) wiki as opposed to the supplied documentation. :o)

Anyway, have you read this?

TBH, I thought this was included with the docs. It definately *should* be.