Failed loading maps when more than 10?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Failed loading maps when more than 10?

Amon(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi! I have run in to a very bad bug with my map loading. Basically when I save maps they save ok and load ok but when there are more than 10 maps loaded it loads all the maps above 10 but not the ones between 1 and 9.

I hope that makes sense.

Here's my map loading Type.

Can anyone spot why when I save maps and more than 10 are saved the first 10 don't load anymore?

Jesse(Posted 2007) [#2]
out of curiosity what names are you using for the maps? it is posible that it is not loading them in the order you want.
<edited>
if you are using 0,1,2,3..10,11,12..20,21,22,23. save them like this 001,002,003..010,011,012,013..021,022,023.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#3]
The maps are given whatever name the user choses. I assign .FID to each of them on loading them from the directory and when the process is finished I null the list. When I go to load a map again a recreate the list and assign new FID to the loaded maps.

I'll try your suggestion though to see if it makes a difference.

I'm still not understanding why it loads maps 10 and onwards but maps 1 to 9 it doesn't.

:/

[edit] It loads the first map and map number 10 and onwards. The maps are being saved properly because when I remove some maps from the directory and try loading them it loads them perfectly.

There's a rogue variable somewhere causing this, I can feel it. :)

Please if there are any expert bug spotters (Code Bug Spotters that is) can you have alook at the code I posted and see if anything is wrong.

Please!

:)

Jesse(Posted 2007) [#4]
if you post a link to the executable I think I can fix it for you. I don't need the source just everything else.
or if you prefer email it to me.
The reason I am helping you is because I am interested in building my own platform game. and your ideas will help me tackle some problems I may have in the future. but if you would rather have somebody else help you I won't get offended.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hey Jesse. I'm going to be sending you the source and the media. Plus in the rar archive I'm sending is the redi.mod which I use to handle the audio for music. You need to put redi.mod in your BlitzMax mod directory.

Thanks for helping out. Gonna email the stuff to you now. :)

Jesse(Posted 2007) [#6]
Amon, you got mail.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks dude. Just replied. :)