Blitzmax crash

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Blitzmax crash

delusan(Posted 2007) [#1]
Suddenly my programs will not compile. Upon attempting to build and run, I get an output message of :

Building untitled1
Compiling:untitled1.bmx
Compile Error: Invalid import identifier: '@'
[C:/PROGRAM FILES/BLITZMAX/mod/brl.mod/directsoundaudio.mod/directsoundaudio.debug.win32.x86.i;1;1]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/PROGRAM FILES/BLITZMAX/tmp/untitled1.bmx
Process complete
Also -
A tab appears with "directsoundaudio.debug.win32.x86.i" in it., and a message box saying "compile error: invalid import identifier:'@' ", and the colors are gone from my MaxIDE code lines.

I have done a full reinstall of blitzmax from my online blitzmax account and my backup CD but it hasnt helped. Contacted Support and awaiting reply ... anyone have any ideas or similar experience?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#2]
Does C:/PROGRAM FILES/BLITZMAX/mod/brl.mod/directsoundaudio.mod have a '@' in it? If it does you'll have to take it out and build modules.

delusan(Posted 2007) [#3]
After several full uninstalls/reinstalls that message no longer appears. Now a simple print "hello"
compiles successfully but outputs nothing.
Attempting to load into the MaxIDE a program I wrote and ran successfully before looks like this in the editor ...
उ楌敮›‱桃牡›‶††. No code, no text - just those symbols.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
You didn't switch between different IDEs, did you?
Cause that looks like you have been in UTF16 mode and try to read it in ascii now

delusan(Posted 2007) [#5]
Im thinking along those lines too, Dreamora ... it seems like a problem with the editor.
No - I didnt switch IDEs purposely - this happened during one of the compiles I think.
What is UTF16?
After reinstall of BMax, a newly written source will compile successfully, but gives no output, e.g. print "hello" compiles but doesnt actually print hello to the screen. And wouldnt a full uninstall/reinstall fix an IDE problem?
No reply yet from Blitz support.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#6]
Not if it is not an IDE problem. This tended to happen for me when I manually created a txt file and renamed it to a bmx ... After it is once loaded wrong, it won't be revertable anymore. But there should be a .<yourfilename.bmx> file now in the folder with the non unicode stuff

UTF-16 is unicode which is what russian and asian letters are represented in.
But I don't understand why it actually would switch for no reason to that.

and on the print problem: did you check the build menu if you decided to build a gui app? cause a gui app has no console and you would need to use drawtext in this case (and flip)

delusan(Posted 2007) [#7]
I again attempted an uninstall/reinstall. Uninstalling with BMax uninstaller, then going into Windows program files to unistall the files remaining in the BMax folder. I then shut down completely, then restarted and reinstalled BMax. Then went to BMax site and added the updates (which I hadnt done on previous attempts). BMax appears to be working again, but I have lost SOME of the files that I was working on with others being completely unaffected. The files affected load into the editor with a few ASCII symbols, and appear to be useless. No big deal - I can rewrite them, but I am curious as to what happened to corrupt those source files. I really appreciate your help Dreamora. Thank you. (No reply from Blitz support yet tho +24 hours)

TaskMaster(Posted 2007) [#8]
Sound slike you need to run a checkdisk on your hard drive...

Are you running Windows?

If so, open a command prompt, and type:

chkdsk c: