Play video files

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Play video files

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#1]
Is there any possibility to run video files in Blitzmax.? If yes, what are the video formats supported by Blitzmax.?.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
No
If you read the boards just a little bit you would see that in the 5 recent threads on the programming board 2 are on video playback

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thank you. Is it possible to run Divx or Xvid video files in blitzmax?. They only mentioned about MPEG files. Any idea?.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#4]
If you find an AVI player module and DivX / XVid is installed on the system, then yes.

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#5]
Thank you.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#6]
Is it possible to run Divx or Xvid video files in blitzmax?
No. But it should be fairly straight forward to write a simple wrapper for BINK Video.

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thank you, Can anyone explain me how to run video files in Blitzmax using some modules. And i dont have clear idea about how to import others modules in blitzmax and run it. I have tried with "pantson.mod" for MPEG video files. I just placed the "pantson.mod" inside my blitzmax mod folder. Then i run the files inside the "project" folder which comes with pantson module. But i didnt get proper output. I am getting the Error " Can't find interface for module pantson.mpeg " .Any idea...?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#8]
So you have mods/pantson.mod/mpeg.mod/mpeg.bmx?
If you have then the next step is to Build Modules for which you need MinGW installed. Does that work?