Objects, types, methods within a module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Objects, types, methods within a module

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#1]
Ive noticed that some 3rd party modules are not well documented. Referring to some objects in the module as TMyClass for example, just the object name no further documentation... is there anyway I could get (extract)a list of the types, properties, methods held within a module? Ideally in some sort of tree view?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Load them into Blide

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#3]
Do a search for HotDocs. Small cost but blooming useful.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2007) [#4]
Excellent tips, thank you.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
Just to be clear, loading them into Blide won't work unless you either have the source code to the module or you have Blide Plus. I don't know if this would be true of HotDocs or not.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#6]
Well, another reason to have donated to ziggy then.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#7]
Ive noticed that some 3rd party modules are not well documented.

*phew*... At least I know you aren't talking about mine !!! :-)

Just sheer laziness/arrogance if you ask me. And comments like, "read the source code to figure out what do to" doesn't cut it. In that respect it would generally be better for the 3rd party's to have left the modules on their own hard drives... :-p

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#8]
About BLIde and modules information, intellisense and all this things. The free edition of BLIde produces documentation and intellisense for all open source modules installed on the BlitzMax mod folder. Any binary only module (compiled usually comercial ones) requiere a BLIde Plus license to produce intellisense and internal database structures. If anyone is interested on this, visit http://www.blide.org/addons.htm