Crating a .app

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Crating a .app

297Chrisc(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hey all, can someone please tell me how to create a .app from a blitzmax source file?
Cheers

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#2]
You can't.
ARM Support thread.

297Chrisc(Posted 2007) [#3]
can you buils any form of standalone application for the mac os X (ppc) and how?

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#4]
To build BlitzMax source files to OS X compatible PPC executables, you need to have a PPC Mac, with BlitzMax installed on it, i.e. you can't cross-compile Mac PPC programs from Windows/Intel Mac.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
You might want to use the search function :
this might help
and this

and this tutorial
and more

297Chrisc(Posted 2007) [#6]
so only intel based macs can run a standalone application built from blitzmax on a ppc?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#7]
To build a standalone app for ppc mac, run Max on your ppc Mac and hit the rocket (build) button. The executable will appear in the same directory as your bmx files.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#8]
so only intel based macs can run a standalone application built from blitzmax on a ppc?

No. An Intel Mac can run both PPC and Intel executables. A PPC Mac can only run PPC executables.

PPC BlitzMax will only build PPC Executables
Intel BlitzMax will only build Intel Executables.

PPC Executables on Intel run in an emulation mode, therefore they aren't as fast.

297Chrisc(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ohhhhh I just figured it out, I had debug build mode on, creating a .debug file instead of ppc executable, confustion over. cheers anyway :)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#10]
Did we figure out if its even possible to build a PPC app on an Intel Mac? Wasn't there an issue with the compilation tools/GCC etc creating intel binaries?