Updating modules without internet

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Updating modules without internet

Otus(Posted 2007) [#1]
The computer I use Blitz Max on doesn't have an internet connection, so I can't Synchronize Modules from there.

Is there another way to download the updates, or do I have to install Blitz Max also on a computer with an internet connection, and then copy the whole mod directory to the other computer?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
do I have to install Blitz Max also on a computer with an internet connection, and then copy the whole mod directory to the other computer?
Thats what I do. There was a lot of talk about instaling onto a usb drive (Stick or PSP etc) and moveing that about.

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#3]
if we use syncmods,what is updated in the downloadable 'max' updates in the accounts section?

just wondering :-)

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#4]
The downloadable updates include up to date modules (at the time of the update's release), plus updates to the IDE, compiler and other stuff that isn't module based. At least, I assume so.

Syncmods allows us to download any updates to the modules so that we can immediately make use of any bug fixes and updates. It's just easier for all concerned than having to wait and then download a full update.

You could always wait until the next downloadable update, but these aren't available anywhere near as often.

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#5]
thanks jazzieB :-)

Otus(Posted 2007) [#6]
And I don't think the downloadable updates include all mods. I installed the latest, but didn't get Open AL. That might just be new though... Anyways, ended up installing on two machines to get the mod updates.