Sync through Auth Proxy

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Sync through Auth Proxy

Tyler(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've got my mac setup on a proxy that requires a password, but BlitzMax doesn't seem to accept the appropriate means of telling it what it needs to know to get through to Sync Mods. Unlike the last guy who had this problem (whose post I read that was a year old), I can't take the computer home, setup there and sync then bring it back to work. Has anyone had any luck since then?

Thanks,
-Tyler

Tyler(Posted 2007) [#2]
Anyone? Maybe someone from dev can work on this?

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#3]
Well there are two ways (that immediately come to mind) you might be able to get around it:
a) Connect trough a VPN.
b) Get an onion proxy like TOR. (if you have Firefox, there's a plug-in for it here and the TOR software is here).

Note: option b may not actually work, as the site may have TOR nodes blocked for "security" reasons. Many have.

Let me know if either of these work for you.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#4]
Another option is to install your own proxy/forwarder that can handle authentication for you.

You point your Mac to this proxy, which in turn points to the "real" proxy and authenticates with it.

For example, I installed a python "proxy server" script called aps (NTLM Authorization Proxy Server), which allowed me to connect to the internet through a Windows (NTLM) Proxy that required my network username/password - using appilcations (like syncmods) that didn't support authentication.

There are tools out there... you just need to find the right one ;-)

Tyler(Posted 2007) [#5]
I appreciate the advice, I'll try these suggestions out as soon as I can :D