Windows publisher moaning.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Windows publisher moaning.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#1]
How can i insert the publisher details into the EXE so when windows moans about uncertified (and non paying=) publishers it at least says 'D-Grafix Design' Instead of 'Unknown Publisher'?

There doesnt seem to be a way in blide, bmaxide or reshack.

I didnt notice it til i installed IE7 now it makes all my apps look suspect to my users. Even more so when its "unknown publisher".

Binary_Moon(Posted 2007) [#2]
AFAIK the only way is to buy a digital signature. I don't remember what websites do this but I know there are a couple - some cheaper than others.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#3]
www.thawte.com ?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#4]
I would recomend you not to use digital signatures for binarys, as there are known issues on Windows Vista. Some users are experiencing a delay of about 1 minute to be able to open some certified binaries when they're working inside a private LAN, and windows is trying to validate the certificate. I hope this will be fixed on Vista soon, but even some comercial sites such as Actipro, Quantum whale and others are removing digital signatures on latest updates of their products.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#5]
You just need to make sure you buy a certificate off one of the trusted companies that Microsoft have in their root certificate program. Like Thawte.