How?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/How?

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#1]
How play a movie in game? Avi or Mov ?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
How... Do you write post titles that explain in brief what it is you want. It must be a skill that you learn. Think Ill do a search of the boards and see if there is a tutoral

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#3]
a quick search revealed this: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61623

I'm sure with more searching you could find more

(assuming they've put descriptive post titles on their posts ;) )

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#4]
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61623

What is this?

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#5]
It's a link

It's the wrong link mind you, but it is a link.

I can't be bothered running through my search results to find the one I meant to post again, but you could always [a site:blitzbasic.com play a movie blitzmax]search for yourself[/a]

H&K(Posted 2007) [#6]
@JohnK

As you may have gathered you have made two... well I dont want to say mistakes, so Ill say errors of etiquette*

I do have to say that because etiquette is generaly unwritten it may be that both I and Perturbatio are wrong. But I dont think so.

First. How? Is a plainly stupid post title.
"How? Playing a movie in game" is a lot better title.

Second do a search.

@Perturbatio, no I think thats the right link

*Etiquette, one aspect of decorum, is a code that governs the expectations of social behavior, according to the conventional norm within a society, social class, or group. Usually unwritten, it may be codified in written form.

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#7]
It's a link
You click on it with your pointing device and it magically takes you to another place on the interweb. In this case to a post on this forum with another link for you. It's really quite amazing.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#8]
You click on it with your pointing device and it magically takes you to another place on the interweb. In this case to a post on this forum with another link for you. It's really quite amazing.

Not Funny! Come to my forum, and I will BAN you....Joker...

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#9]
Not Funny!

Oh come on, it was a little humorous :)

Come to my forum, and I will BAN you....Joker...

Well there's an incentive to join your forum...

Seriously though, if you want help from people, you're going to have to learn to act with a little decorum and perhaps be a little more verbose in your statements. The less information you provide to people, the less likely it will be that your answer is relevant.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#10]
you're going to have to learn to act with a little decorum
Given H&K's first reply to this thread, is it surprising he's got a bit arsey over it?

OK, the title was crap. But H&K could have probably posted something useful in less time than it took him to type out his 'bitchslapping'.

It doesn't say much for bb.com when people with 2400, 7000 and 15000 posts gang up on someone with 16 posts for making a minor error.

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#11]
is it surprising he's got a bit arsey over it?

No, but being arsey seems to be par for the course these days.

It doesn't say much for bb.com when people with 2400, 7000 and 15000 posts gang up on someone with 16 posts for making a minor error.

I'm hardly ganging up on him.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#12]
2Perturbatio:
You Have ungirdled, hold your's ambitions!

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#13]
He's lucky. If I took my girdle off, I'd have to hold more than my ambitions.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#14]
@GFK
Given H&K's first reply to this thread, is it surprising he's got a bit arsey over it?

OK, the title was crap. But H&K could have probably posted something useful in less time than it took him to type out his 'bitchslapping'.
All I could have posted would have been do a search, cos I dont know diddlysquat about How play a movie in game, so Why someone with 1000000000 posts sould do the search for someone with 0 posts I dont know.

As I had had a sort of diologue with JohnK about how to go about his RTS in his last thread, I had assumed that he would take it as a friendly Jibe. (Which acctualy I think He did, cos I got no grief from him)

@JohnK,
What Flame posted was funny. Ok so it was funny @ you, but just Grin and bear it. After a bit. Flame (or I, if you want to go after we), will post something stupid, and you can shoot at us.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#15]
I ask you to not take offence at me as I do not know English!
Well, batman's, relaxxx! ;)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#16]
All I could have posted would have been do a search, cos I dont know diddlysquat about How play a movie in game, so Why someone with 1000000000 posts sould do the search for someone with 0 posts I dont know.
Here's a novel idea - how about not replying at all if you don't know the answer?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#17]
I know this is slightly off-topic but I can't believe people don't actually enjoy searching for their own solutions. There are sooooo many interesting discussions (whether related or not) and sooo many varied answers/opinions that we owe it to ourselves to take the time to do the odd search.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#18]
Here's a novel idea - how about not replying at all if you don't know the answer?
Because as I said I had been helping JohnK previously, so specificly looked at his post to see what he wanted AND to specificly tell him to use a better title. Then once I saw what it was that he wanted tell him to do a search.
If it had been a better title, then I wounldnt have looked, because I would have known that I didnt know the answer.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#19]
In what a question that? You have inflated from the fly of the elephant!
If you do not wish to respond do not respond! Simply having passed under the link I have not found anything interesting. Also it is not necessary to abuse and chide here me, you to me not parents! Sorry for my Bad English!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#20]
JohnK (Posted 1 week ago)

Thank you, H&K! I shall try...
But fair enough.
POAD. hasta nunca

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#21]
But fait enough.
FOAD

Also what you wish to tell it?

"Fuck off and Die" - this is for me?

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#22]
There are sooooo many interesting discussions (whether related or not) and sooo many varied answers/opinions that we owe it to ourselves to take the time to do the odd search
Well reading all those discussions can be a bit time consuming when you're on a schedule. Particularly (not to flog a dead horse or anything) if people don't care to make descriptive topic names, you could be reading through a lot of irrelevant drivel, well after the original question (as it where) has been answered to the point of absurdity.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#23]
I think, if you wish to help, you will do not pay attention to the name of a subject. And if you wish take more point's, you will carp at all....

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#24]
Well reading all those discussions can be a bit time consuming when you're on a schedule.

I know what you mean. However, in those cases I would still do the search, find the 1-2 hits that help and have my answer within 30 mins or less.