Class keyword feature request...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Class keyword feature request...

Jaquio1319(Posted 2007) [#1]
I was wondering how hard it would be for mark to make a new keyword called "class" and have it act 100% like type. I am use to calling types classes in other programming languages.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#2]
No offense, but this kind of request is pointless (for the language as a whole) and leads to bloat. That said, there are several precompilers available for blitz which you could use to add all this type of functionality and more.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
What Nomen Luni said ^^

Its as mad as asking for Images to be called Sprites, 'because that's what we're used to'.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
Alias.
thats what we want. (Specialy as its already there as a keyword)

I know it wont help give us "Class" as a Keyword, But Alais as a variable duel nameing .... err namer

Azathoth(Posted 2007) [#5]
And a proper preprocessor, a "struct" keyword, multiple inheritance/interfaces. These have been asked for not long after the language got released, don't hold your breath getting any feature requests implemented.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#6]
How often does one type "TYPE" anyway? Is it really so hard to do so? 90% of all development time is spent on reading/thinking, 10% on typing. Maybe even less..

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#7]
Its as mad as asking for Images to be called Sprites, 'because that's what we're used to'.
Or rather a Blitter Object Block, or alternatively CPU Object Block. Sprites are ghey.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#8]
Give yourself a chance and get used to the language : I know the very basics of programming, such as variables, functions, and simple stuff like that. But none of this "type" stuff ... and most of the other stuff there is.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#9]
Sprites pwn Flameduck.

AaronK(Posted 2007) [#10]
Calling Images Sprites would be dodgy, but Sprites are a perfect term for on screen, moving images!

Just like buttons, and windows, and list views are not Controls, they're Gadgets! ;)