Warning! Need Help!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Warning! Need Help!

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#1]
At me typical history, and I have decided to write here....

I in programming the beginner, therefore ask the help.

What to choose for the subsequent studying: Blitz3d or BlitzMax?

Plans at me not nurseries, therefore the universal tool is necessary to me...

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Don't really get what you said apart from "Blitz3D or Blitzmax".

If you want to easily do 3D, get Blitz3D.

If you want to write 2D games or apps, get Blitzmax.

If you don't mind a more complicated route to 3D, get Blitzmax.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#3]
Blitz3D with SpriteCandy or NSprite 2 if you're not interested in x-platform.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks All! Has formulated a question not correctly... Excuse.... In general I wished to ask, is how much universal Blitz3D or BlitzMAX I.e. who has prospects

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#5]
Oo

BlitzMA&#1061

First remove that cat from your keyboard.. :P

[edit]
Ah, the cat has gone away, I see..

*if* I understand the question well, you ask if/how B3d and BMax look like eachother, the answer is: quite, but not 100%. B3d is much more like a classic procedural BASIC, while BMax is more like C++ in BASIC flavour. B3d is therefor easy, while BMax -while not difficult- might require a bit more strictness from the user. Also, BMax offers advanced stuff like function-pointers (no method-pointers yet ._.), classes, pointers, etc. etc. which might be stuff a beginner doesn't need at all.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#6]
who has prospects

The belief is that Blitz3D is a completed product while BlitzMax is 'evolving' (whatever that means).
If you're asking which will be the best to learn for a future in professional programming then, probably, BlitzMax although both will be good for getting started.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#7]
In general, thanks all! The subject is closed.

ps. I hope, that you let me in the world of programming, instead of will turn away.... I Hope.....