syncronize modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/syncronize modules

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#1]
i bought blitz max today and also the bmax gui. but if i try to syncronize modules i get the errors:

Synchronize Modules
Synchronizing: brl
Error connecting to server: Unknown error
Synchronizing: pub
Synchronizing: axe

Process complete

what can i do to get this fixed?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Register your products with your supplied BUIDs?

Check your firewall?

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#3]
what version of Blitzmax did you get/install? You might want to make sure that you have the BlitzMax 1.24 update installed first, and try a syncmods after that.

To get the latest update, go to the top of this page, then "Account" and "product updates"

Not sure which version you receive right now when purchasing, but the older versions of BMax used a slightly different syncmods URL than the newer ones do.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yes I have registered all. Blitz+ (i'm using since over one year), BlitzMAX and also BlitzMax GUI.

Registration site writes:

Product registration
You have already registered the following products:
BlitzPlus (xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xx)
Blitz3D (xxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xx)
BlitzMax (xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xx)
MaxGUI Module (xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xx)
Nothing more to register - you've cleaned us out!

I gave permission to all EXE files from BlitzMAX to enter the internet to my firewall.

Updated to 1.24 (download is 1.18)

I bought BlitzMAX right because the GUI. I've heard that ist a good thing...and now I cant use it...

Isn't there an other way do get that module??

Floyd(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'm suspicious of that "Unknown error".

If I try to syncmods with internet access blocked I get:

Synchronize Modules
Failed to connect to www.blitzbasic.com/modserver124

Process complete

If you select About BlitzMax from the IDE Help menu does it report version 1.24?

Also, look in the \cfg folder of your BlitzMax installation. There should be a file called modservers.cfg, which is a plain text file. It should contain this:

www.blitzbasic.com/modserver124

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#6]
I have looked for the modservers.cfg and there is the file www.blitzbasic.com/modserver124.

When I do block the SyncMods.exe at my firewall I do get the errors:

Synchronize Modules

Process complete

So it can't be the firewall blocking me.

I have tried lot's of things.
1. removed the entire BlitzMAX
2. reinstalled the downloaded vers. 1.18
3. tried to syncronize (failed)
4. installed update 1.20
5. tried to syncronize (failed)
6. installed update 1.22
7. tried to syncronize (failed)
8. installed update 1.24
9. tried to syncronize (failed)

I do also have a valid username and password for www.blitzbasic.com and www.blitzmax.com

there is a textfiel called Proxy Server, it's blank

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#7]
I have allso testet if I use right username and passwort...they are right.

When I do enter wrong username the same unknown error apears.

So I did logout and let Blitzbasic send me the password by mail and all is right as I have entered it at sync. window!

I have no more idea :-((

GfK(Posted 2007) [#8]
Click here.

Do you get an error, or a list of modules?

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#9]
a list of modules:

brl.maxgui 1.14 Simon Armstrong, Mark Sibly Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.win32maxgui 1.32 Mark Sibly and Simon Armstrong Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.cocoamaxgui 1.31 Simon Armstrong Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.fltkmaxgui 1.20 Simon Armstrong Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.appstub 1.20 Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.dxgraphics 1.28 Simon Armstrong, Mark Sibly Blitz Research Ltd Blitz Shared Source Code
brl.max2d

and so on

Floyd(Posted 2007) [#10]
When I do enter wrong username the same unknown error apears.

That's strange. When I try a bad username or password I get error messages like

Error connecting to server: "Unrecognized username or password"

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#11]
Hi Jolly, it sounds like it could possibly be a proxy issue. What kind of computer are you using on what kind of network? If you are using a standard XP system with a standard ISP this sort of problem is a little unusual.

If we can't sort this issue out soon I will make the MaxGUI modules downloadable from somewhere for you.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#12]
@ skidracer:

I do use a standard notebook and wireless lan at home. internt I do access by cablecom (TV Cable) I was right before at the company site and there they write that I do not hava a proxy server to enter.

I do use Windows XP professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2. Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz and 512 MB RAM

Sounds good with downloadable MaxGUI modules. I do like BlitzMAX and hope to be able to use MaxGUI soon too to be able to convert my programs from Blitz+

Thanks for all your help!!!

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#13]
OK, please email simonarmstrong&blitzbasic`com with your maxgui details, buid if it's a blitzplus upgrade or the shareit receipt if purchased and I will deliver by email.

Will also look into delivering current stable version when purchased as the syncmods version can be a little unstable at times so sorry for the inconvenience!

CASO(Posted 2007) [#14]

What is that? My version only syncs "pub" and "brl"

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#15]
Update to version 1.24 and there it is then. You can select or not in the sync window.

Jolly(Posted 2007) [#16]
@skidracer
as it seems i'm the only having this problem.
i have tried all: reinstall windows. no firewall, no virusprotect and tried to sync. no way.
phoned to my internetprovider because proxy server.
We tried several things. no way.

never got any mail or answer from you and support answered that with my data there all was ok!
but not here :-(

well so i think it's better to give up to try. i have no more idea. :-((((

TomToad(Posted 2007) [#17]
Could it possibly be a port issue? I remember when I was having problems with a P2P program. I had the proper port opened and permissions correct on my firewall, but couldn't transfer any files. Turns out that the port I needed opened also happened to be a port that my ISP reserved for it's own internal use, so it was swallowing all communications on that port.
Fortunately the program allowed me to use an alternate port so I was able to get it to work.
What port does the syncmod server use? Could it be a non-standard port that Jolly's ISP might be blocking for some reason?