Why do I get an error using SuperStrict and Import

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Why do I get an error using SuperStrict and Import

SofaKng(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've just purchased BlitzMax and for some reason I'm having compile errors when I use SuperStrict.

I have two files:
Utility.bmx
Terrain.bmx

Both files have SuperStrict declared at the top. When I build the Utility.bmx file it compiles fine.

When I build Terrain.bmx (which imports "utility.bmx") I get the following output:

Building terrain
Compiling:utility.bmx
flat assembler version 1.64
4 passes, 16821 bytes.
Compiling:terrain.bmx
Compile Error: Missing type specifier
[.bmx/utility.bmx.debug.win32.i;31;5]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMaxDemo/SCommander/terrain.bmx
Process complete

I'm not sure how to read what the error is telling me. (is it saying line 31 character 5 of utility.bmx?)

It's confusing because it appears as though the imported utility.bmx is causing an error but when it's compiled stand-alone it compiles fine!

Your help is greatly appriciated...

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#2]
If you have the source for utility.bmx open in the IDE when you compile terrain.bmx, the IDE should highlight the line on which the error occurs.

The error usually implies you've done something like:
SuperStrict

Local a = 10

instead of
SuperStrict

Local a:Int = 10

SofaKng(Posted 2007) [#3]
The IDE is not highlighting the line (and I do have utility.bmx open), and I'm using declaring the type of all of my variables (at least from what I can tell...)

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#4]
Possibly this? or maybe a reuse of a function/method/variable/const name?

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#5]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMaxDemo/SCommander/terrain.bmx
Are you running the demo?

Compile Error: Missing type specifier
[.bmx/utility.bmx.debug.win32.i;31;5]
And doesn't this mean that your problem is on line 31, character 5?

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#6]
I've just purchased BlitzMax

First things first, do you have the latest version? (updates are available via Account->Product Updates)
Have you got the latest syncmods (after updating to the latest).

Next, can you post some source?