Totally newbie question about TImage

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Totally newbie question about TImage

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, I know when and how to use TImage and so on, but what I really miss.... is a... well... a complete explanation of what TImage is, I mean in the docs TImage is never explained, only used. For me TImage is a assignment like float, int and so on, so it's basically a Type like any other. But why isn't anything mentioned in the docs and nowhere. It's as if everybody decided to use it without ever have read what it really is. Why isn't TImage highlighted in the IDE for eample? Uhoh, maybe I should just continue using it without asking dumb questions ;)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Uhoh, maybe I should just continue using it without asking dumb questions ;)
I think that's pretty much what everybody else is doing.

I've been looking through the docs for the last 20 minutes and I can't find anything either. I use tImages because I remember something about garbage collection not detecting if you simply use an Int instead.

As for the Blitz documentation - it'd be great if there was a complete section devoted solely to base types and associated methods. Its a nightmare trying to find anything. I generally just search the forums if there's something I need to know.

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#3]
You can't imagine how released I am to read that :) I thought it was kept as a perfect secret, everybody knows the answer but hehe, we won't tell anybody else ;) That gives me the motivation to continue asking for a perfect in depth explanation of TImage that could well fit in the docs. Come on now... mark....skid....dreamora...+++

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was going to suggest looking on BlitzWiki, but it appears to have gone on holiday :/

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes unfortunately ;/ this could be a nice thing...

Edit: Ok, I'm learning doing i the hard way, searched through the sources (image.bmx) and there all 'mystery' is resolved..

Type TImage Extends TData now I feel better, having it read black on white :) I knew it all along, but I had to read it from an official source, even if it's from the source code :)