BlitzMax Manual

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax Manual

Noble(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there a BlitzMax manual forthcoming like there is for Blitz3d and Plus?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Forthcoming. Hummmm, the problem is Bmax isnt finished. So an official manual, probably not. (Maybe after Max3d)

By not finished I dont mean it doesnt work. But just that it isnt in its final cut. Just look at today, where tha language seems to have changed to the point that swift (say), is having to post telling us how to get his product to work. Whilst BRL realise that they are probably going to do this again, then any "Manual" would soon simply be out of date to quickly.

Mindyou...... a manual for each mod as finished would be good. That is How much work does mark realy want to do to Blitz.bmx (say), which hasnt changed since 1.16....

Two good PDFs are Wave's "Beginners Guide to Bmax", and "Object-Oriented Programming in BlitzMax" By John Judnich (do a search)

Noble(Posted 2006) [#3]
Now, that's interesting. I will take a look at those tutorials.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#4]
Isn't the Max manual basically the in-ide documentation, which wasn't present in the other languages?

GfK(Posted 2006) [#5]
Isn't the Max manual basically the in-ide documentation, which wasn't present in the other languages?
Which other languages?

All versions of Blitz have had similar documentation included.

Printed manuals are a complete waste because the language is updated so often. It'd be out of date before it made it to the doormat.

bregors(Posted 2006) [#6]

H&K(Posted 2006) [#7]
@BrEgOrS,

Possibly its getting to the point were that is viable, but honestly some of the majoy changes that have happened over just the last six months would make a PDF full of errors and would give a worse view of the language that no Manual.

No what it needs isnt a "command" manual in the usual sence, but rather an explination of the oop methods used in Bmax, which would then allow you to use the language simply via a good IDE (ie BLIDE), that shows you the commands for whatever type you are working on. Again I would recomend "Object-Oriented Programming in BlitzMax" By John Judnich. Or assari's tutorials