Big thanks to Mark Sibly & Crew

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Big thanks to Mark Sibly & Crew

Dax Trajero(Posted 2006) [#1]
BlitzMax is without doubt the most fun I've had in ages regards programming the PC.

I'm loving it!

Thanks to all involved in making this product.

-Dax

SculptureOfSoul(Posted 2006) [#2]
Yep, BlitzMax is great, no doubt about it.

Thanks Mark, Skid & others for all of the long hours invested!

Pantheon(Posted 2006) [#3]
Agree fully,

I love the simplicity and the knowlege that I can take the language where I want to use it.

Thanks Guys

bradford6(Posted 2006) [#4]
Agreed,

This is the perfect time of year to express our appreciation for a product that really is fun to learn, easy to use and intuitive. I can't remember being this pleased with a piece of software.

BRL & Co,
Thanks for the dedication and hard work
(We see all the time spent on the Bug Report forums and it has really paid off)

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#5]
Yes, I agree too..

Thanks Mark and Simon and whoever else made BlitzMax possible.. :)

It's a wonderful product..

bregors(Posted 2006) [#6]

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#7]
get another graphics card! :p

Jesse(Posted 2006) [#8]
I think we need more positive threads like this to keep the language alive and to keep Mark and the team motivated. It is sad to say it but Generally all I read in this forums is how unhappy and disapointed people are with it. Some of the threads are so pecimistic that I think mark is wondering wether he should abandon it or keep going.

I use the GAMEDEV forums and I love the way the moderators placed restrictions on the way users are allowed to post comments. No bashing, no flamming, and no negativity. I think that could be a nice way to behave in the forums at least the begginers area. One thing I was thought during my early childhood from my parents is if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything. I know that some people find that inpossible but sometimes it is necessary.

I love this language and the $80 I paid were well spend. I have paid that and more for something of lesser quality, used alot less and not had as much fun with. I have used QuickBasic, Pascal, C and Assembler But none of those Languages allowed me to complete as large of a project as I have been able to complete with BMAX (not much to say in terms of size but is a lot better than I would be doing otherwise) in such a short time.

I can go on and on forever so I am just going to cut it short and say "THANKS TEAM BLITZMAX" and specially Mark for creating such a wonderful product and not giving up on us and It(BLITZMAX) and I hope you don't quit on us any time soon.

P.S. Dex Good Job on Starting this thread.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
Woo I'll join too, thanks BRL, have a drink on me and here's to 2007!

bradford6(Posted 2006) [#10]
to Jesse

I agree that a thread like this is very important and that showing Mark, Skid and the other folks working on Blitz is a nice way to voice our appreciation.

I also think that The pessimism, rancor, complaints and constant Feature-requests are an intrinsic part of life for a community such as this. Mark Knows this and (having been in this business for a long time) realizes that buried in just about every complaint is the seed of a happy blitzer. I have had my share of complaints over the last 6 years but overall I have had an extremely positive experience with Blitz software and BRL.

Also,
Some people have a very real psychological need to Complain. While we generally don't like hanging around with these folks, They are a very important part of the feedback cycle.
I think BRL is happy to have a complainer complain here and not on some other forum :)

anyhoo. Once again-Great Job guys!

deps(Posted 2006) [#11]
Thank you BRL.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2006) [#12]
Yeah thanks Mark and Team. Now when the hell is Max3D coming out? ; )

bradford6(Posted 2006) [#13]
knew it had to happen...:)

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#14]
Thanks BRL for a powerfull and fun to use language.
-Ryan

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#15]
From someone who doesn't use BlitzMax and doesn't have any interest in using BlitzMax, thankyou for creating BlitzMax and keeping around so many Blitz3D experts that likely would have long ago moved on to something else.

Your support of their desire to use BlitzMax helps us all.

amonite(Posted 2006) [#16]
Thanks a lot BRL, BlitzMax is so COOL :P

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#17]
I want to thank BRL as well.
Even thought I sometimes explode and get really frustrated, BM is still much fun to use.

the same thank goes to Indiepath for his great R2T code and especially to GMan for his great irrlicht and iB3D module.

Tom Darby(Posted 2006) [#18]
If it wasn't for BlitzMax, I'd still be in the early stages of testing for a single-platform game. Thanks to BlitzMax, I'm in full release.

Couldn't have done it without your fantastic product.

Cheers, Mark and everyone at BRL!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#19]
Jolly good show, Mark et all. Thank you very very very much indeed!

Merry Christmas!

semar(Posted 2006) [#20]
I definately must join the Thanks wagon, since Blitz products have brought back to me the joy of programming.

Thank you Mark Sibly for making Blitz and for being the way you are.

And many thanks to everyone at BRL to continue to support Blitz.

Last, but not least, thank you dear community. You guys and gals are really helpful and talented.

Merry Christmas to all, and happy new 2007 from a *really* happy Blitzer.

:-)

Sergio.

Zenn Lee(Posted 2006) [#21]
Hey, after reading all of these posts I also have to add a word of thanks. I've never been so happy with a programming language before. I love C++ but their is no way I could develop such an advance program, without spending half my life, which I could code in BlitzMax within hours. Just want to say great job and God bless.

Thanks

JonasL(Posted 2006) [#22]
BlitzMax is a productivity tool! The more I use it the more I learn to love it. I find myself using C++ less and less for many tasks, because BMX is not just simple and elegant, it is also powerful enough to handle real game and application projects. So as you see I agree with Zenn Lee.

I have my issues too, but in my experience BRL has addressed them in time, so being patient really pays off. I know we all want things to happen a lot faster, but coding and debugging takes time (as we all should be well aware of ;). I know the users I serve with my applications always think that each hours wait is one hour too much. Well, with BMX they don't have to wait quite as long, since I can deliver faster.

I would also like to extend thanks to the community. Seriously, the active and responsive community makes up half the value of BlitzMax.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#23]
Now when the hell is Max3D coming out? ; )
Whenever they need more money for ale, drugs and whores.

And yes. BlitzMAX is awesome.

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#24]
I'd like to say thanks too, I've been using blitz for like 5 or 6 years