Handling images(alot)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Handling images(alot)

dothedru22(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey. How would I go about handling a bunch of single images that create an animation. Like I need a way to line the sprites up too...I'm just wandering what everyone does or if theres a program or something. I was thinking like have txt file and the program reads off what the offsets should be for each image..Thanks for any help.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Offset?
Each animation frame in an animated image is a single image.

So to create one, you can easily use the CreateImage command, load all frames and assign the images to the frames.

dothedru22(Posted 2006) [#3]
Is that how people normally do it?..I mean I would use the animation strips but I can never line any of that up correctly.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
You can load a strip with loadanimimage, and specify the sizes of the cells. Lining everything up perfectly in your paint program can indeed be a challenge, but not a whole lot you can do about that.
You can make it a little easier by using a (temporary) grid in the background, or other location markers that can help you allign the images in the animation strip, but it's still handwork.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#5]
... Most have a snap to grid feature.
You know you want 5 cells of 64*64 so create a file
which matches these dimensions
e.g. 320*64 or whatever
The set you grid size to 64*64 and 'snap to grid'.
I then copy/paste each image and they drop nicely into place. Having said that if you have lots of images and you simply want them in a single file then search for Glueit.