LoadAnimImage

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/LoadAnimImage

TLM(Posted 2006) [#1]
I did a search here and didn't find out actually how to use this. Any help would be appreciated. Here's some simple code I'm trying to run:

Graphics 640,480,0

animimage = LoadAnimImage("animguy2.png", 200, 200, 0, 1) 

Repeat
        Cls
        DrawImage(animimage,200,200,0)
         Flip 
Until KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE) Or AppTerminate()
End 

Sorry for the stupid question, can't figure it out. I made a two cell png file and each cell is 200 X 200.

Thanks!

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#2]
you tell it which frame to draw, which means you also need to advance a frame when you need the animation to advance.

so create a variable, called animFrame or something similar and then use that as the frame parameter in DrawImage.

TLM(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks, I'm sorry I didn't post this right. Even when I run the above code I get Unhandled Exception:Attempt to access field or method of Null object.

I've tried every combination of cell #'s. I've quadrupled checked the image to make sure there's two cells each of 200 X 200.

I can actually display the image normally with ould loadanim, but the of course you see both cells. Thanks again.

TLM(Posted 2006) [#4]
Good god I'm such a fool. I've been working on this so long that it was finally working, but I hadn't saved my latest version and it was still untitled. So it couldn't find the image. Duh. Thanks again again :).